Thursday, February 19, 2009

American Cancer Society Patient Navigator at Parkland sends a 'thank you'.

Hello, my name is Andrea Wright and I work in the Parkland Oncology Clinic. I am a social worker and work as an American Cancer Society Patient Navigator at Parkland. We have a resource room right in our lobby and we receive caps from your group! I just wanted to thank everyone who makes the caps and let you all know how beautiful they are! I was struck by the story on the blog that said Joyce was tired of itchy, uncomfortable hats and that is why these caps are made of such soft yarn. I receive caps from other groups as well, however the one's from Joyce's chemo caps are usually the softest and prettiest and go the fastest! Well, I just wanted to let you know how appreciative I am as well as are the patient's here who receive them, most of whom don't have the resources to go out and buy a lot of hats when they lose their hair. Thanks so much to all who make the beautiful caps!!They are truly needed!!

Thanks,
Andrea Wright, LMSW
Parkland Oncology Clinic, American Cancer Society Resource Room

No comments: