Thursday, April 16, 2009

Welcome To My World by Grangran

I found this in a website written by a woman who underwent chemo and her thoughts after. She has this website to show the steps she went through after losing her hair and the problems with her fingernails. Please check out her website. It is:
http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Cancer3.html

Here is an exerp of what she wrote:
Just some thoughts: Friends have asked me "Do you think about it everyday and are you scared? I can honestly say "NO." I've always been fairly upbeat and positive about everything. I've never felt that excessive worrying did much good in any situation. From the very beginning I've had such a sense of peace about everything: the diagnosis, the treatment and all my caregivers. For that I am so very thankful. I think I mentioned way back in the beginning that I just feel this is a pebble in my life I've got to step over. I've talked to so many folks who do nothing but feel SHEER PANIC. That would be horrible.

In some ways I'm a totally different person than I was in June of last year when CANCER became such an integral part of my life, but I think the differences are positive rather than negative. I may not have been a worrier, but I've definitely always been an over-achiever. If I did it; it had to be the best. You know that saying "Stop and smell the roses?" Hey, that's what life is all about. Slow down, don't fret the small stuff and appreciate/cherish/embrace every positive aspect of your life. Do what you can -- the rest is going to be there tomorrow -- and if not tomorrow, the next day. Somehow I just never learned that before now


Thank you, Grangran for your words for others that are undergoing chemotherapy.

No comments: