Sunday, October 18, 2009

Letter We Received Regarding Our Caps

Hello, Vivian!
I lived down the street from Joyce during our high school days and always enjoyed her zest for life. I am so impressed with the Chemo Caps project you are a part of.

When one of my friends lost her hair due to chemo treatments, I wrote and a beautiful cap was sent to me which I gave to her. Another friend offered to make some for her and others so I bought many skiens of that wonderful, baby-soft yarn you use (I forget the brand name). Someone sent me a pattern but my friend having the chemo said that cap didn't fit and stay on as well as the one I received from you.

My friend, the knitter, has offered to make more of a pattern she finally devised. The chemo friend says they are pretty good and stay on at night okay. The knitter is going to be making more and I was wondering if you would like me to send some to you for distribution? I am going to take some to our local center where they administer the chemo.

Thanks for all you do in Joyce's name. It was great you sent the note to our class website.

Barbara Howe

No comments: