Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Note from one of our "Happy Cappers"

It is so endearing when we receive a note from one of the people who receive our caps. We call them 'Happy Cappers' in our scrapebook. It makes everything we do worthwhile and we feel so good to know that our caps are enjoyed and helpful. Here is a note that we received today in our email. It brought tears to our eyes!

I wanted to take time to type this email to tell you how much joy your box of hats has brought me. Every time I'm in chemo, one of my highpoints, is looking at all the beautiful hats you wonderful ladies have made. I have 3 now that I LOVE. I wear them all evening and at night. They are so comfortable. I know you thought this would be a small gesture, but I'm here to tell you, it is much more than that. It brings love, caring, and giving to strangers in a time of such deep illness a smile, a comfy cap to nurture them, and a smile at the giving of such beautiful women! It is especially special to me, because I can still see my mom Knitting slippers and afghans and I would always wear the Knitted slippers when I was ill for some reason, they always brought me such comfort. Mom died 20 years ago and I still wear the one pair I have left all tattered and worn that my mom made. So I find your hats so nurturing and loving and know the size of the hearts they come from.

Wanted you to know I (we) are eternally grateful!
Much Love and HUGE HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Nancy C

No comments: