Friday, August 1, 2008

What a great person to do this for us!!!

This is a note that we received from a son of one of our knitters, Jerri. We got goosebumps when we read it. We're finding out every day what wonderful people there are in this world!!!

My name is Matthew Nix. My mother has helped with some of the cancer caps. My mother is Jerri Nix. She had called me and asked me if I had any buttons to help decorate your caps. I have several people from all over the world sending me buttons and some donated yarn. I will be driving down Aug 16th-19th to visit my mom and drop off all the donations. I will also be setting up a page on my website dedicated to your efforts. I so far have over 12,000 buttons to donate. Since I'm a jewelry artist... I will be using some of the buttons to make some nice looking wire wrap button pendants. I want to donate 100% of these pendant sales to get you ladies more and FREE yarn to continue what you love doing. I think it's great that you guys think of others and put so much time and effort into it. I would like to meet you when I come down to Allen in August. I will try to help as much as possible.

You can see Matthew's wonderful website and his beautiful artwork at:

www.createapendant.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am, Jerri the mother of Matthew Nix.I just want to say I am so proud to have a son so caring about other people that he posted a request for buttons to decorate our Joyces Chemo Caps. He received an overwhelming response from all over the world. How awesome is that! He will be visiting soon and bring all the treasures he has received. Thank you , Matt for being the compassionate person you are! Love, Mom