Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Caps



We received a lot of yarn as a donation. Really pretty yarn but we weren't sure how the yarn would look in a cap. Well, Vivian made some. Beautiful.

Luisa, one of our crocheters called. She is going to try and knit one of the caps for us.
I cast on 60 stitches but it is a little large. So I will start another one with just 50 stitches.
I told Luisa to wait until I had finished the cap so I could send her the pattern.
Angel brought us caps but they are a little large. She was sorry about the size and said she would make them smaller. She said that they fit her head. But I told her to remember that most of the people do not have hair. Angel is so nice...
The yarn is called Phentex....



Vivian,
I tried the new Phentex yarn. The outcome's beautiful! It took 1.5 hour to make one. It's very hard to know where the beginning, one has to mark the first stitch. I honestly had a tough time to do it. It could be done with a single string & turned out fine without too big a hole. I used a 1/9-5.50mm hook. It takes 1.5 balls to make a hat. If you have any questions please call me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am the American Cancer Society Patient Navigator here at Parkland.
I want to thank you for the wonderful chemo caps. They bring a smile to all- its a wondeful thing to see!
Thank you so much for taking the time to do what you do!
Tracy Westhoff LMSW

Shellie Clark said...

These are beautiful! I visited and saw some of your caps today at the Seay Clinic. I am an American Cancer Society patient as well. I would like to know how I can get a cap in a solid color that is sewn because I get "hot".

This is such a wonderful thing making these available for us.

You are a wonderful bunch of folks!

You have no idea how much this is appreciated.

Patricia (Shellie) Clark