Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Additional Note from Lisa in Richardson

Feel free to use anything I have written to you. I have been telling lots of folks about your caps and about Joyce. A neighbor just had a lumpectomy last week and will hear this week whether lymph nodes are involved (which makes a BIG difference, as you know). I had a lot of lymphs removed so I'm on chemo right now and may do radiation after all that, and I am learning how to prevent lymphedema and am going to physical therapy and will be getting bandages to put on my affected arm.

When I am bald and wearing the caps, I plan on figuring out where exactly the Allen Senior Center is and come down and help pin the tags on the caps and meet the lovely people involved in your wonderful endeavor. I am not sure if I am going to be posing for many photos in course of my treatment (torn on whether I want to remember it with photos or not), but if I have a flattering shot in a cap, I will send it to you, or pose with your group when I meet y'all.

I still have a week with my own hair. They tell me the two drugs I am on will certainly result in hair loss. We'll see.

No comments: