Thursday, December 31, 2009

Note and Pictures of a Happy Capper

Took a pic with my webcam in my favorite cap which I wore today in Baylor Plano's Infusion room. I still have my rosy cheeks from chemo (third of six). It doubled as a great blindfold. I pulled the front over my eyes a little while listening to a CD for a half hour during treatment. I still have most of my eyebrows and eyelashes but without the cap you can see the top of my head very, very clearly through the thinning gray hair. I'll also send you a picture after my first treatment before I lost any hair. I wear another cap at night when my head gets cold. And I have a third cap that is heavier knit and has a brim for when I'm outside wearing a coat in this cold weather.

Going to check when ya'll are at the Allen Senior Center. I saved the tags and pins and you can reuse them and I can help pin them on the new batch. Just need to know when you need me. My schedule is open except my weekly chemo days which are Wednesdays at 1PM in January.


Here is me after my first chemo in November, what my hair looked like. (Had gotten a shorter haircut so I wouldn't be shedding such long strands of hair.)

I had taken a cell phone pic in front of the bathroom mirror recently showing a friend what my chemo port looks like.



And my new look with a wig when I'm not wearing caps and hats.

And I want to wish all the knitters and cappers a happy and healthy 2010 and beyond!!

1 comment:

Miss Wilson said...

I think you look FAB in your wig.
Keep up the blog. Im sure to follow your journey.
xx